Description of embossing and debossing
Embossing and debossing are the processes of creating either raised or recessed designs in paper cardboard and other materials. An embossed pattern is raised against the background, meanwhile a debossed pattern is hollow into the surface of the paper cardboard.
Embossing on printed paper
Pressure on the paper make the area embossed.
Deboss on art paper
Debossing is always usded in packaging cartons and gift boxes.
Process of emboss and deboss
After being printed, the paper would be sent to Embossing or debossing process line. Always being used with foil stamping, it is being finished together.
- Create a pressing mold (heat embossing/debossing tool), the solid mold will appear the real image or text need to be debossed or embossed.
- If embossed, need to press the paper from obverse of printed side. If debossed, pressing the paper directly from front side.
- Quality check before mass production run
Application of emboss and deboss
An embossed rigid gift box
Special pigment printed on the box, hot foil stamped logo and embossed.
Cardboard paper box with embossed logo
Obvious touch feeling on the Embossed paper box.
Debossed paper manual
Add a 3D effect to the paper manual, it’s a selected printing service.
Debossed paper business card
Debossed area is enable other area stands out.
Below are more products made by us, feel free to request detailed images:
- Printed paper box with glossy lamination
- Embossed small packaging box with gold foil stamping
- Rigid gift box with embossing
- Paper box with debossing
- Debossed magnet closure gift box
We are always being an expert-sales for our customers. Just give out your ideas or effect you need on package, we would give you multiple choice and suggestion.
Think before you do
- Is your paper material strong enough to bear the heat of pressure?
- Is there any printing finish to be coordinated with this?
- The debossing and embossing will not affect your printing area?
If you are not sure about this, please write email to us, box packing solution team would help you for a double check in this.
Video of embossing on paper in Hongkong Show 2016.
Machine for Emboss and Deboss