Description of printing varnish | Aqueous coating
Shanghai Box Packing Solution team is a professional and reliable China manufacturer of AQ coating and varnishing on printed papers. Varnish also referred to as oil varnish or Aqueous Coating (AQ coating). It is a process that the oil being widely distributed on the printed surface. The aim is to prevent the printed paper from scratch and sticker with each other. In box packing solution team, we have advanced oil coating machine that finish printing and varnish in the same time. The oil is water-based. Some customer may request Moisture resistant oil.
Advantages of Aqueous Coating
1. Fast dry
3. Professional look and quality
Difference between glossy and matt AQ coating (Oil Varnish)
Paper with glossy varnish
Virgin paperboard with matt varnishing
Same as plastic lamination, there is not different on the advantage of aqueous coating, just different appearance and feeling. If you need your paper packaging seems young and gloss, you need to go with glossy aqueous varnish (AQ coating), if you need them to be luxury and heavy, then just select matt aqueous coating (matt aqueous varnish).
Difference between Aqueous coating and plastic lamination
1. Aqueous coating is cheaper than plastic lamination
2. AQ coating dry slower, meanwhile plastic lamination works immediately.
3. The appearance will be more gloss or matt when you choose plastic lamination instead of AQ coating.
4. Plastic lamination is water-resist. AQ coating do not have this function, mostly you can choose Moisture resistant oil.
5. Printing ink protection will last longer when you choose plastic lamination.
Applications of Glossy & Matt varnish (glossy | matt Aqueous coating)
Box packing solution team belongs to Shanghai Custom Packaging co,. ltd, has applied AQ coating in different kind of paper packaging, if you are interested in, please feel free to reach our sales engineer.