Description of High-Density Board
High-Density Fiberboard (HDF), also called Hardboard, it’s a higher dense grade of MDF (Medium-density fiberboard). It is way much more durable than other Fiberboard or cardboard. It is made from recycled wood fibers and resin, consists of 82% wood fiber, 9% urea-formaldehyde resin glue, 8% water, and 1% paraffin wax. High-density Fiberboard is a robust and stable sheet with highly uniform density. It is more durable than solid wood and stands up better to changes in humidity and heat conditions. This fiberboard material has better performs than solid wood in many applications due to its easy cutting, shaping, and cleanly drilling performance.
Pros & Cons of High-Density Board
HDF board and MDF board
- The Advantage Of High-Density Fiberboard:
- Disadvantage Of High-Density Fiberboard:
- More durable than any other Fiberboard
- More expensive than other paper cardboard
- Smoothly and water-resistant.
- Limit of supply in the market
- Heavyweight may lead to high shipping costs
- Eco-friendly, 100% recycled.
Box Packing Solution Team first apply this material for box packaging in 2002. Till now, we have helped 30+ customers understand and apply this material in their rigid gift boxes.HDF material is mainly used for high standard rigid gift box manufacturing. If you need the gift box to be fancy but want them to be more durable, then the HDF board is your best choice. We accept FSC certificate cardboard material.